CANNABIS AND CANCER
Like the very many plants on offer today, cannabis comes with a multitude of components. All of which interact with the body differently when consumed. For instance, while the THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) is responsible for the high feeling associated with the plant it also comes to the ability to serve as a panacea for
The CBD (Cannabidiol) on the other hand which is non-psychoactive serves as a panacea for
Taking to mind the aforementioned tips, it should be worthy to note that, the potencies and healing prowess of the cannabis plant are solely dependent on the strain in question.
Cannabis for Cancer
Although very little is known regarding cannabis as a panacea for cancer, there is a wide array of researches compiled regarding this topic. With that in mind, it is only logical to get an in-depth analysis of what researchers say regarding cannabis as a panacea for cancer. A wide array of studies opines that smoking cannabis can be helpful in
- Treating cancer patients from some of the effects associated with chemotherapy like nausea and vomiting
- When smoked other studies say cannabis can serve as a panacea for pain caused by damaged nerves (neuropathic pain ).
- Improve food intake in HIV patients
- Others say the CBD in cannabis can slow the growth and/or cause death in a wide array of cancer cells growing in lab dishes
- Another conducted on animals opines that cannabinoids may slow or better still limit the growth and spread of some forms of cancer.
Harmful Effects Associated With Medicating Cannabis for Cancer
Taking to mind the aforementioned studies, it should however be worthy to note that, there are a wide array of harmful effects associating with medicating with cannabis as a panacea for cancer. Some of them include
- The high feeling or euphoria, which has the knack of limiting your body’s ability to control movement, disorientation, and of course anxiety sandwiched with paranoia
- The THC in cannabis sandwiched with other cannabinoids when smoked has the knack of delivering a wide array of harmful substances to its users like the once found in tobacco.
Although cannabis is far from being a cure or panacea for cancer enclosed below are some medications approved to stand the gap between cannabis and fight cancer.
This capsule also is known as Marinol is rich in THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) and of course, approved by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) treat the ailments like nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy. In addition, this same drug comes in handy for AIDS patients suffering from weight loss or lack of appetite.
Nabilone or better still Cesamet is an artificial cannabinoid that mimics the effects associated with the THC when consumed. It also serves as a panacea for nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy.
With that in mind, there are a wide array of cannabis-infused products created to substitute the traditional mediums through which the plant can be consumed. Reach out to us today dankgas.com/product-category/shatter/ and together we’d take your cannabis experience to the next level.
Where many drugs have failed, cannabis has prevailed. In addition, it continues to prove its doubters wrong regarding its potency and uses. With that in mind and considering the research on the potency of cannabis as a panacea is still at its infancy researchers and physicians in the field of medical cannabis, see a shining light at the end of the tunnel.